The Biomedical Zone is open to companies of innovators working on products and solutions with commercial potential in clinical and healthcare settings.
To be able to apply to the Biomedical Zone, teams must:
- Have a unique product, device, solution or application with commercial potential that solves a significant challenge in healthcare.
- Have a working prototype of their product.
- Own the intellectual property and/or have traction in the market.
- Have a proposed business model and management team.
- Are an incorporated and insured commercial enterprise.
- Be willing to contribute to the Zone’s collaborative, supportive ecosystem.
- Have passion, drive, a collaborative nature and a global mindset.
There are no restrictions on who may apply to join the Biomedical Zone; however, we give strong preference to teams affiliated with Ryerson University or St. Michael’s Hospital.
Length of residency within the Biomedical Zone will be informed by the proposed milestones each team aspires to achieve during their stay. On average, a typical residency may last between four and twelve months.
Click here to apply.